Welcome to Smith's Kitchen

FOR CAKES, BAKES AND OTHER TASTY TREATS

Saturday 22 January 2011

it's been a long time

I haven't been blogging about baking or food for a while. I didn't mention anything about Christmas, the 6kg turkey, the first time I made cranberry sauce (divine - and I'll never go back to jars) or indeed the fabulous and succulent christmas pudding. I even made for the very first time a cranberry upside down cake from Rachel Allen's - Bake.

I've been busy. busy campaigning, trying to save our local library from possible closure. Why do I love the library? I love all libraries. They helped teach me to read, to communicate and ultimately to explore. Not just in the physical or travel sense - but in my mind. I've learnt so much from books - that have come from libraries. But its important to remember that libraries are not just about books. So many weekends growing up in Devonport, I would borrow albums from the Don College library - the latest muscial score (Phantom, Starlight Express - you name it). Later there were videos or DVD''s.

So this is why the blog has been silent. It's about to get going again - and all thanks to the library. More in the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...