Welcome to Smith's Kitchen

FOR CAKES, BAKES AND OTHER TASTY TREATS

Monday 21 November 2011

Pear Tarte Tartin

Caramelising the tarte



The final result

Fresh from the oven
Always a touch afraid of baking a pear tart, I have looked longingly at recipes but never ventured any further. So on Baking Mad when I was presented with no other choice than to bake the damn thing - I damn well did. Part of the fear is the bubbling sugar and butter. This to me equals a fast track to A+E. With care, confidence and a calm hand I caramelised the butter and sugar (a lot longer than I would have thought). you then place the fabulously firm pairs (yes firm) into the pan and then continue to boil. Again for much longer than I would ever have dared. The result - well the pictures do it justice. Using all butter puff pastry for the base (and yes it ok to buy supermarket puff pastry - just make sure it's all butter), you're onto a winner. I have already made this again since the course (last Thursday) and it was well received by Helen and Dave. So my new adventures as a tart-maker have just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...