Welcome to Smith's Kitchen

FOR CAKES, BAKES AND OTHER TASTY TREATS

Tuesday 19 October 2010

My quest for the perfect coffee

Unfortunately, London is not an easy place to find good coffee. Yes, there are Starbucks on every corner - sorry but I think they are awful. Costa is ok and Cafe Nero does an acceptable latte. Infact if there is no other option I will head for Nero. But what my fellow Antipodeans will know is that there is something far superior. Coffee in Australia has been elevated to a religion of sorts. You will find fabulous coffee in most cafes, served to a standard and always (well almost) served to perfection. Creamy, smooth, strong and served in a small glass - just like illustrated here. Flat White in Berwick Street, Soho revolutionised coffee for me in London and every time I visit it takes me home. Run by guys from Oz and NZ - you will be served a fabulous coffee and it will blow your mind if you haven't tried it before. They also deliver a great Flat White (as the cafe name suggests). Crossed between a capuccino and latte - its silky smooth - no froth and packs a punch. Try one today. And if you have seen the promo's from Costa claiming they spent 1 million quid on developing a flat white - don't believe the hype. Go to Flat White - Berwick Street, Soho. NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...