Welcome to Smith's Kitchen

FOR CAKES, BAKES AND OTHER TASTY TREATS

Friday 29 October 2010

Symbolism in the Kitchen

For those in the know a new kitchen has been installed in Norbury Manor - a slow and sometimes painful process. Not yet finished, but with working appliances, I chose to christen the oven (Bosch) by baking a cake. I wore the Smith's Kitchen apron Stef gave my for my birthday, cooked her favourite cake (banana and chocolate) all to ensure a long life of happy baking. It was symbolic as it was the very first use of the oven (which worked fabulously well), it was the first time I wore my new Smith's Kitchen apron AND it was all for Stef - who continually hounds me every day for a bloody banana and chocolate cake. May I bake many more.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have an induction hob? I'm getting one put in. Just to keep up with 'the kids'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, nice!! Can you send me a slice of that yummy cake???!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, it's there now. I moderate everything. cristina - cake in the post. don't know what it will be like when it gets to Tassie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...