Welcome to Smith's Kitchen

FOR CAKES, BAKES AND OTHER TASTY TREATS

Wednesday 29 February 2012

National Marmalade Week

I normally yawn when I hear of yet another "National Week" usually dreamt up by someone like me who works in PR, but this one is different. It celebrates the most delicious of toast toppings - marmalade. Anyone who has read my blog will know that there's a special place in my heart for the sweet and tangy stuff. Call me Paddington Bear if you like, I just love it. So to celebrate this most auspicious week, I baked a cake - a Marmalade Cake. Originally a recipe from Nigel Slater in the Kitchen Diaries. I used my very own homemade marmalade and the grated citrus of a blood orange.Well the proof is in the pudding as the saying goes and here's the pictorial proof - now to eat!

To check out more about Marmalade Week and the World's Original Marmalade Awards (that were held last weekend), follow this link:

http://www.marmaladeawards.com/festival/2012/01/664/national-marmalade-week/

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mark. How are you? I found your blog via the tweet from Dom at Belleau Kitchen.
    Beautiful looking marmalade cake. Yum. I adore marmalade too.
    Anyway, glad to have found your blog. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, great to say hi and thanks for your fab comments. Be speaking to you via twitter and blogs. Keep on baking!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...